- If you have between 30 and 50 years of age.
What is normal? Forget the names of other people, nicknames, forget the keys, cell phones or wallets. Forget phone numbers or dates of birth.
What is not normal? Getting lost in familiar locations. The difficulties with recognizing faces, colors, shapes and words. Leaving things in totally wrong places. The aging process is associated with memory problems. Our brain get smaller with the aging because neurons deteriorate up to 80%. The brain thus loses up to 15% of its average weight. The larger memory problems in this age are rare, but can be a sign of the beginning of dementia.
How to help yourself? The brain quickly collapse if we do not use it enough. Engage yourself in a variety of activities to stimulate your brain (reading, filling crossed words, seing old photos and remember all the people in them, … etc.). Explore new locations, more write.
- If you have between 50 and 70 years.
What is normal? Forget the agreement and inability to remember what you’ve come to the store for.
What is not normal? You forget every day if you drink coffee or tea. You do not recognize family members. You lost all memories of your youth. Leaving things in the wrong places. Our short-term memory is easily upset. The larger memory problems may be a sign of dementia. The most common is after 65 years of age.
How to help yourself? Exercise saves memory and reduces the risk of dementia. Research in the US showed that the 40-minute walk a few times in 7 days stimulates the hippocampus, part of the brain responsible for memory.
Many experts, psychologists and psychoanalysts suggest that lack of self-confidence can and must be overcome. It is not an easy process, but it is possible and achievable process.
It happened for many of us that we want to achieve something bigger than usual, but we start to panic, become inactive and froze. For some of us, this may well interfere with daily life. If you start to panic from new and unknown things in your life, you should know that you are not alone in the world. You have an idea in mind and know the saying “iron strike while it’s hot,” and you start the campaign to collect information, advice and resources for his new idea. Then you think of what will happen if you do not get the idea, if all goes wrong, if you are rejected, if you do not succeed. Catch scare you, and because of own insecurity and lack of confidence, you give up.
There are 3 good and proven tips that can help you to overcome your lack of confidence and uncertainty:
- These thoughts and fears arrest everyone at least once in a lifetime. That is normal. But try not to be blocked by negative thoughts. When you get negative thoughts, accept them and not ignore them. Take a pen and paper and write down all negative thoughts and ideas.
- For every negative thought written down, find a positive, which denies the negative. For example, if the negative thoughts is that people will not be interested in your new idea, the positive would be that some people would be interested, because your ideas are in accordance with human interests and could bring them profit and prosperity. And so on, for every negative thought from your paper, write down the positive.
- Prove to yourself that you are right. This step will in most cases fail. If you allow yourself to overcome uncertainty, then this will happen. If in spite of the fears and concerns, you continue with your idea, do not give up, you’ll surely succeed sooner or later. You’ll prove to yourself that you can do it. The next time will be even easier, and you will eventually get used to it and not let fears to overcome. Your confidence will grow and every personal problem, big or small, that life brings, you will be able to overcome.
Begonia with large flowers and double flowers is the most wanted of all tuberous begonia. Plants grow from 25 cm to 60 cm. One to four lists mates from tubers that are juicy and easily breakable.
The leaves of begonias are asymmetric with sharp peaks and jagged bite. The flowers are large. They can grow up to 16 cm in diameter. The texture can be one-flower or double-flowers.
Begonias are the jackpot for every garden or balcony. They have beautiful leaves and beautiful flowers. Begonia is easy to grow, and reproduce. When planting begonia choosing of a good location is one of the most important things. Begonias like shady locations, which faces towards the east or north-west.
If your balcony is sunny until noon, or if it is sunny after 17 or 18 hours, begonias will enjoy it. The same is for the yard. In the garden begonias can thrive in the shade, where they have filtered light through the treetop. Begonias is best to plant on the exterior when the last frost is passed. Never put begonias in pots in places that are hot in the summer, such as asphalt or concrete surfaces. Begonias are planted in slightly acidic medium for the flowers, which is rich in nutrients. It should be loose, it does not retain water.
Begonias do not like wet or dry surface, but slightly moist. You’ll get surface for planting begonias in any garden by mixing the peat with soil or compost. Avoid planting begonias in places susceptible to wind. Begonias have fragile shoots, which can easily break. Avoid wetting overhead shoots, leaves and stems.
You need to often watering begonias planted in hanging baskets because the soil dries quicker. Regularly remove wilted leaves and flowers, as you will prolong flowering begonias in this way and allow begonias unrestricted growth.
This is my response for the Weekly Photo Challenge: HERITAGE IN OUR WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE.
Stećak is the name for monumental medieval tombstones that lie scattered across Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the border parts of Croatia, Montenegro and Serbia. An estimated 60,000 are found within the borders of modern Bosnia and Herzegovina and the rest of 10,000 are found in what are today Croatia (4,400), Montenegro (3,500), and Serbia (4,100), at more than 3,300 odd sites with over 90% in poor condition.
Appearing in the mid 12th century, with the first phase in the 13th century, the tombstones reached their peak in the 14th and 15th century, before disappearing during the Ottoman occupation in the very early 16th century. They were a common tradition amongst Bosnian, Catholic and Orthodox Church followers alike, and are often related to the autochthonous Vlach population, however the original ethnic and religious affiliation is still undetermined. The epitaphs on them are mostly written in extinct Bosnian Cyrillic alphabet. The one of largest collection of these tombstones is named Radimlja, west of Stolac in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Stećci were inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2016. It includes a selection of 4,000 stećci at 28 necropolises – of which 22 from Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2 from Croatia, 3 from Montenegro, and 3 from Serbia.
Here is a modern replica monument of “Stećak” (located in the downtown of Sarajevo):
Thank you for watching and have a great day.
Weather conditions affect our mood in all age groups. When it rains we feel depressed or sad. Although these conditions are common, they can have a negative impact on our lives. These conditions make us exhausted and prone to loneliness.
Here are 5 tips to amend your mood:
- Drink tea of lemon balm-lemon balm is known for centuries. Untreated depression. The warmth of tea from lemon balm helps you to overcome the resentment that accompanied the rain. Put some lemon in a glass of tea, because this fruit proved the mood. Also, add honey for better taste of tea. Any honey is made from essential minerals.
- Be active-be even more active when it is a rainy day. Do some exercise. Any exercise can release “a happy chemicals” in the brain that improve mood. If you stay home, jump in place orgo up and down stairs for a couple of times. Play music and dance or do vacuum. Any movement is good.
- Turn on the lights during the rain-clouds block sunlight, which naturally has positive affect on the mood. Burning lights can improve our mood. Use incandescent bulbs (not fluorescent), because they are the most efficient. Today you can buy so-called “full spectrum” bulbs that mimic sunlight. These are the most efficient lamps for lifting mood.
- Eat healthy food- during rain avoid junk food because it worsens the mood and the body can not provide high-quality nutrients. Use as many grains and protein, and vitamins. Avoid sweets and coffee, because they only temporarily lifted mood. When the body expel the sugar and caffeine, the mood will worsen.
- Call some of your friends- when we are sad, we do not socialize in the first place. But socializing is one of the best ways to deal with negative emotions. Depression appears to be alienating people, although the contact with other people is the best way to beat depression. So, any contact, walk to shops, hanging out with friends, … etc.